Resolve a donation issue.
Last updated: September 23, 2022.
1. "My donation failed." A failed payment message shows up on your end when there is a problem with your bank, your card or your banking arrangements. Unfortunately, this is not an issue we can remedy on our side. To resolve this in the quickest way possible, please contact your bank and follow their directions in order for us to receive your donation.
2. "The crypto email address didn't work." We only accept cryptocurrency donations via the Nimiq checkout on this website. Unfortunately we do not support the sending of amounts via an email address.
Stripe & PayPal.
3. "There's no Stripe or PayPal option in the checkout." Some currencies are not supported by PayPal, in which case, PayPal is not an option in the checkout. PayPal also changes and updates its policies and maybe this has happened recently. Stripe meanwhile will only show if your total donation is more than 50 dollar cents or the equivalent. So with certain currencies and a low amount, it is possible that only the crypto option is available.
4. "I need to change my Stripe 1-click settings." If you saved your card details for the 1-click checkout they are stored with Stripe. You can find out how to manage your details here: https://support.stripe.com/questions/link-with-stripe-faq
5. "Please can I have a refund." We are very sorry but there are no refunds for a donation. This includes instances where it was not your intention to give the amount which you did and you made a mistake. In the checkout you agreed to your donation being final with no refund. You were also given the choice of if and how much to give. The total was clearly displayed. We make sure that it's possible for you to check and / or revise your amount at any point during the checkout process before finally pressing the button.
6. "I'm entitled to a refund." A refund only applies to a payment. Payments are mandatory. There is a pre-decided price or fee which someone else decides for you. That payment is made in return for a product or service with guaranteed results - to be delivered within a certain amount of time - and if this is not delivered then that is the basis for any refund. Meanwhile my gifts are freely given and I work entirely by donation. You can give a donation if you wish to. You choose what you want to do and any amount you give. No specific outcome is guranteed. This means any donation is voluntary, unconditional, and not a payment. It's therefore not refundable.
7. "Please can I have an invoice." Every time you make a donation, you are issued a donation receipt via the email address you provide. Please use this for your records. Invoices are only available for payments and there are no payments in the purification space.