Last updated: August 6, 2023.
1. Our baseline. We always endeavour to collect and store the barest minimum of data that can be traced back to you as a person and to store this for the shortest amount of time possible.
2. Our ethics. Jacqueline strongly believes that data privacy is a fundamental human right. It's your data. You are entitled to choose. We never share or sell your personal data.
3. Anonymise. Personal identifiable information (PII) made non-identifiable. That is, you can't link a person to a name or an email address.
4. Cancel. When you permanently end your participation in an event.
5. Data erase. A general term which includes both data deletion and data expunge.
6. Delete. When data is withdrawn from use, e.g. when data is anonymised; removed from our current systems; stored elsewhere in a separate secure area.
7. Expunge. When all data is completely and permanently removed, e.g. from all of our current systems; from separate storage, e.g. unsubscribing from the newsletter; Specific focus, Send a topup and Questions data.
8. Obfuscate. Applying a strike-through, blurring, or blocking out text.
9. Pause. When you temporarily end your participation in an event.
10. Personal data. Information of any type which you give to us, e.g. personal identifiable information (PII); information in emails and any Specific focus; or any data or message you add on the Send a topup webpage; the Questions and Send a testimonial webforms; or in the Translation centre.
11. Personal identifiable information (PII). Any name or email address you provide. Your IP address, country and city based on an IP geolocation check.
12. If you are happy for us to hold your personal data securely, subject to changing legal requirements. Do anything. Browse; join any event you like; submit unlimited Specific focuses; email us via email@example.com; sign up for the Newsletter; use a Recurring Reboot Donor account, the Send a testimonial webform, the Translation centre; and submit as many Questions as you like.
13. If you are happy for us to store any Specific focus, Send a topup and Questions data securely, for 30 days after you first type it in. Feel free to join any event.
14. If you are happy for us to store your Reboot Specific focus data securely, for 30 days after your final Reboot - so we can continue to send your Specific focus email. Feel free to join either the Recurring or Choose your dates Reboot group.
15. If you do not wish us to hold any personal data at all. You should only browse this website and nothing else. You should not join any events; email us via firstname.lastname@example.org; sign up for the Newsletter or a Recurring Reboot Donor account; use the Send a testimonial webform or the Translation centre; or submit any questions.
Using our website
16. Browsing. We do not collect any PII. You can browse this website totally anonymously. No data is collected that can be traced back to you as a person.
17. If you make a donation. We check your public IP address to determine a currency for you when donating. We store the country where your public IP address is registered in line with changing legal requirements.
- Secure session cookie ci_session. To make your browsing convenient. This cookie automatically expires in a few hours of your inactivity on the site.
- Secure CSRF cookie csrf_cookie_og. To protect you from cross-site request forgery attack.
- Puog cookie. To suppress the 'Newsletter subscription' popup and avoid annoying website browsing. This automatically expires within 3 months.
- Embedded Vimeo player cookies. For viewing optimisation. Vimeo uses its own set of cookies which means that if you join an event featuring a video link or watch a video on a website page, Vimeo places an indirect cookie in your browser.
- Stripe donations gateway. For successfully using the checkout. Stripe uses its own set of cookies which means that if you join an event and use the Stripe donation method, Stripe places a cookie in your device for 1 year.
- Please note. In general, all third party applications use and store their cookies. While we endeavour to maintain a completely accurate and up-to-date cookie list, this may not always be possible.
19. Use & storage. If you send an email to email@example.com we may use the information you give in that email to answer you. This includes personal data. We will also store your email in line with changing legal requirements.
20. Testimonials. If you send a testimonial via our Send a testimonial webform, we may use part or whole of that data as a testimonial. If you email us, we may use part or whole of your email content as a testimonial. We will use this anonymously and we will let you know if we do. We will not do this if you specifically request us in writing not to do so.
21. With your consent. If you send them in, we may request to use your photos, your own artwork, poetry or any photo of yourself in Oracle Girl streetwear on our website or in a newsletter. We will always ask your explicit permission first, in writing, before we use anything.
22. Personal identifiable information (PII). If you join an event (past or present) or use the Gift option, we collect and store the following PII from you, in line with changing legal requirements:
- the name you provide and your email address.
- your IP address, country and city based on an IP geolocation check.
23. How we use & store your PII. We use this information to send you donation receipts; reminder and event emails - but only if necessary. We also store this information in line with changing legal requirements.
24. Card details. We never store the details linked to your debit or credit card such as the name, bank, account number, the CSV, or start and expiry date. Stripe and PayPal do however. They have their own privacy policies. If you have a query about how they use the personal data linked to your card, please contact them directly.
Specific focus & Send a topup
25. Immediate assistance Specific focus. Any message attached to a Specific focus for Immediate Assistance is automatically stored for, and then expunged, 30 days after the date you first typed it in.
26. Reboot group Specific focus. Your Specific focus data is automatically stored for, and then expunged, 30 days after the final Reboot group you joined. This is for both the Choose your dates Reboot and the Recurring Reboot.
27. Reboot group cancellation. Your Specific focus data is automatically stored for, and then expunged, 30 days after the date you first typed it in. This is for both the Choose your dates Reboot and the Recurring Reboot.
28. Pausing a Recurring Reboot. Your Specific focus data is automatically stored for, and then expunged, 30 days after the date you first typed it in.
29. Send a topup data. Any message attached to Send a topup is automatically stored for, and then expunged, 30 days after the date you first typed it in.
30. Storage & access. Specific focus data is stored by automation, in a separate high security area. Only Jacqueline has access to any message or data you attach to a Specific focus or Send a topup. Jacqueline does not grant access to Specific focus data to anyone - except in the highly unlikely event of an emergency technical issue. In this scenario, Jacqueline would only grant access by written request and only to a senior member of the technical team.
31. Anonymity. If you submit a question, you can choose whether to include your name and email address or not.
32. Data storage. We store any name and email address given; any question; and an anonymised version of your IP address for 30 days only. After 30 days we expunge all questions you have submitted from our systems, complete with any information attached.
Send a testimonial webform
33. Anonymity. If you submit a testimonial, you can choose whether to include your name and email address or not.
34. Data storage. We publicly display any data you submit for as long as it is visible on the What people say page of our website. We store any data you submit in line with changing legal requirements.
35. Setup & use. We store your IP address so you can set up and use your Donor account.
36. Data storage. We keep the visible data in your Donor account for as long as you have an account, e.g. data signup and cancellation; day of your Reboot signup. This is so we can answer any enquiries you may have; improve the features and efficiency of your Donor account; and keep your data and our data systems compliant and secure in line with changing legal requirements.
37. If you sign up. Your email address is stored on our Newsletter mailing list only, until you unsubscribe.
38. If you unsubscribe. Your email address is expunged from our Newsletter mailing list immediately so you cannot receive further newsletters. It is stored on our system in line with changing legal requirements.
39. How to unsubscribe. Click on the Unsubscribe link on your Newsletter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage, security, access & data processing
40. Storage. We only store your data for as long as necessary to engage with you and complete legitimate data handling processes in line with changing legal requirements.
41. Data security. We implement the best practices wherever feasible and practical. We have in place appropriate measures to protect the security of your personal data.
42. Access. We restrict access to your personal data to only those who have a specific and authorised business need to access it.
43. Data processing. Oracle Girl team members only process personal data according to whether they have been authorised and within the remit of their role. All team members follow strict procedures concerning the handling of personal data and confidential information. They have also signed a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
Data erase request
44. How to make a request. Please contact email@example.com. We will acknowledge your request and email you to confirm when this has been done.
45. How long it takes. This will take 30 days from the date of your request. We will notify you by email when it has been done.
46. Limitations. Please note that data erasure is subject to restrictions. Data protection law and international requirements will apply. Sometimes we may not have to or we may not be allowed to erase some data. We can be required to retain certain types of data for legally specified amounts of time. Often we can only anonymise or obfuscate your data rather than completely expunging it from our systems straight away.
Updates & questions
47. Check this page. We may update this policy from time to time. Please visit this page regularly for the most recent version.
48. Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.